Monday, 5 October 2015

School Closed Over Strange Sightings.

THERE was gnashing of teeth at Chakohwa Primary School when six pupils allegedly spotted a mystical diminutive creature – leapfrogging from one spot to another in the classroom as their teacher wrote an exercise on the chalkboard. 

Angry parents stormed the school on Monday to withdraw their children saying the current environment was not conducive for learning.

This was despite the fact that Grade Sevens will be sitting for exams next month.
The Manica Post gathered from pupils, parents, traditional leaders and teachers that the alleged creature could be a goblin. It moved from one point to the other in the Grade Five classroom.
 School Closed Over Strange Sightings.
Parents were left convinced that the classroom was haunted following another mystical incident involving a donkey in 2013.
The alleged creature had contact with one of the kids and the child’s mother Mrs Patience Mundoza said the minor was complaining of a hurting ear and headache.
“She is home and complaining of headache and hurting ear. My child is doing Grade 5, and is one of the six who saw that creature. Her behaviour has become hysterical. It attempted to clap my child on the cheek, and she has not been well since then,” said Mrs Mundoza, who was part of hundreds of panicky parents who stormed the school and withdrew their children on Monday.

Parents were demanding that the school and traditional authorities perform traditional rituals to unpack the mysterious happenings at the school.
When The Manica Post arrived at the school, the parents broke into song and dance, saying the paper should expose such things.
By 10am, the classrooms were empty as the more than 800 schoolchildren had been turned away.

The parents took the school head Mr Sidhule Dhliwayo and the SDC chairperson Mr Obert Muburururu to task for sleeping on duty and doing nothing since the incident occurred last Thursday.

The irate parents queried why they had not been formally informed about the incident arguing that the silence by the school authorities was likely to put their children in further danger.

“We are stakeholders, and it is our children at risk. Why have they not told us? We mobilised ourselves, and they did not want us here. It is unacceptable for the headman to say we should be arrested for registering our concerns over the manner this issue was being handled,” shouted one man from the restive crowd.

Mr Dhliwayo reneged from his earlier promise to grant us an interview.
“Sorry gentlemen to disappoint you. I am still new here, barely two weeks, and I do not know which direction the sun rises. I am still trying to fit into the systems, and I am in between a hard rock and a hard surface. I will address the parents, but not through the Press. I cannot answer your questions,” said Mr Dhliwayo.

No comments:

Post a comment

Contact form

Name

Email *

Message *